Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Question Wednesday


I know...Question Wednesday doesn't sound "rhyme-y" in any way...but soon we'll have Music Monday and Tights Tuesday (hopefully...? I'll explain more come next Monday and Tuesday.)

Anywaysies! Today, my question for you all to ponder is:

Why do you think some friendships eventually fall out?

Take a minute and think about it. When was the last time you talked to your friends from middle school? When was the last time you ran into your buddy from elementary school, or kindergarten? I know sometimes people change and relationships just no longer hold.

But some other times, it's because of personal reasons that these friendships cease to exist. 

Maybe if you took the time to say happy birthday to a friend, or congratulate him/her on an accomplishment, or maybe even a text saying hi, can change things. It is, in my opinion, ultimately neglect that wear out friendships. Sometimes it's not that you don't want to care, it's just that you're so...busy.

But not really.

Ask yourself: am I really that busy? So busy that I can't take a second to remember one of my old friends? The laughter we laughed together, the ice cream cones we shared on a sunburnt street, the snowball fights we had on those white Christmases...

Do you miss them now? Your friends? So text them. Call them. Even just post "I miss you" on their facebook walls--only if you truly and wholly mean it.

***
So that was that. What's your answer to the question? As always, I would love to hear what you think.
xx
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment