Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A rather depressing Question Wednesday..


For today's Question Wednesday I want to talk about funerals. What is the purpose of funerals? Why do people attend one? And why is it almost required that you cry at one?

In my opinion, funerals are becoming more and more like a social convention, just like a business dinner or a graduation party. Sometimes people go not because they care about the person, but because they feel the obligation to. (Which is terrible.)

So I think, instead of having funerals, if I die, I'd love to have a party. A party where upbeat music is played, and people get drunk and talk about the most hilarious things they can remember about me. Yeah, that's what a funeral should be like.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. You belong in our family because that's pretty much what we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete