Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Haul


It began as just another routine trip to Barnes & Noble became a huge book haul (with free shipping!). I went in with the intention of possibly buying Graceling. I read a review of it on Novel Sounds and I was looking for a YA novel to read. But then there was a "buy $25 and get free shipping" deal going on. I don't ever pass up free shipping sales. EVER. Because shipping to my house is ridiculous (I could buy another book for the price of shipping). So I bought The Cavendish Home For Boys and Girls and The House at Riverton (which is on major sale right now), both of which I've been wanting to get forever! As you can tell I'm super excited for these to get here. They're all really different genres.

The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls is for fans of Coraline and The Mysterious Benedict Society, both of which I was in love with when I was younger. It's a story that will give you the creepy-crawlies.

The House at Riverton is a bit like Wuthering Heights in that it is a narrative with two settings. The Summer of 1924 and the Winter of 1999. It's told from the perspective of a housemaid during WWI. I'm in love with historical settings. Almost reminds me of Atonement.

Graceling is the first book of the Graceling Realm Series which has become really popular. I'm not going to deny that the first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. But the synopsis sealed the deal. People are born into a world with things called "Graces." These are special skills that some people possess. The MC is very skilled at killing. I love the idea of special powers or skills and how they can be exploited.

So you'll be getting reviews for these soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment