Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Question Wednesday: Relax


I have quite a few things going on right now that are stressing me out. So I spend last weekend coming up with ways to relax. I've been trying to take at least ten minutes a day to just sit and relax. I plug in my cans and go to Calm.com. I'm addicted to it. Yesterday I actually fell asleep (which was great until I woke up and realized that I had to do homework).

It's really a good habit to get into. There are many benefits to meditation:
Improved concentration – A clear mind makes you more productive, especially in creative disciplines like writing.
Less bothered by little things – Do you sometimes allow yourself to get upset by little things? It is the nature of the mind to magnify small things into serious problems. Meditation helps us detach. We learn to live in the here and now, rather than worrying about the past or future. We do not worry about meaningless things, but see the bigger picture.
Better Health – There have been numerous studies pointing to the health benefits of meditation. The reason is that meditation reduces stress levels and alleviates anxiety. If we can reduce stress, many health benefits follow.
Knowledge of Self – Meditation enables us to have a deeper understanding of our inner self. Through meditation we can gain a better understanding of our life’s purpose.
I've also been going for short runs on our road. It only takes about fifteen minutes, but it makes such a huge difference. While I'm running I think about the day and what I achieved and what I didn't. It helps me prioritize.

So, the question is: What do you do to relax? Is there a website or a book or some music that you use specifically? If so, share it with us! We'd love to hear from you :)


[Source: Pick the Brain]

1 comment: