Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Question Wednesday: On self (selves?)

As you all know, I finished Paper Towns two nights ago (see review here), and I was having some real deep thoughts. Incidentally, I also recently engaged in a very thought-provoking conversation with a good friend of mine. So I've been thinking a lot, and I just thought it'd be nice to write down some of these thoughts here.

So, here's the question: say you know someone, you might even be friends with them. How different, then, is the "he/she" you know from the "he/she" he/she really is?

Confused? Okay. I guess essentially, what I'm saying is, you don't know if the person you know is really the person him/herself. And sometimes, if we're really lucky to be really close with someone else, our perceptions of this person could be really close to who the person really is deep inside. 

Interestingly enough, the person who I had this conversation with happens to be someone who we both think we know the real "each other." I guess I'm just one of the lucky few who gets to have such a great friendship.

Do you have a relationship like this? Do you think your friends are different from who you think they are? Dis-moi.

xx
Vanessa :]


No comments:

Post a Comment