Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What Makes A Good Murder Mystery?


So I've begun writing another novel. It just kinda came to me yesterday sitting in physics class of all places. I'll fill you in on it as it goes along. At the moment it doesn't even have a title or names for the main characters (I'm referring to them as MC, the Jerk, John Doe, and Jane Doe right now), so there's not much to tell you. Although, I do have the ending written already...

Anyway, not the point. I wanted to know what you guys thought about murder mysteries? And if you liked them, what made you think they were good? What are some aspects of a mystery that you find important?

I know I like to be surprised. I like twists and character flaws. I want there to be parallels throughout the book, and then at the end, right when you think you've got it all figured out, it throws you off a cliff.

Also! What do you prefer for an ending? Cliff-hanger? Or do you want to have everything explained to you? Or do you like it open-ended and up for interpretation (my choice)?

xoxo
Sara

P.S. If you have any good movies I should watch to really get into the "homicidal mood" leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment