Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hello Again!

Hey guys! It's Sara. I'm back :D

I disappeared for a while and I'd like to explain. There are a couple of reasons, one of which will be addressed on Savvy Saturday. Another one is because of a book I was reading. I spent the last two weeks reading Walden by Henry D. Thoreau.

If you're not familiar with this book I'll give you a short synopsis. Walden is basically a journal of Thoreau's thoughts over the course of the year/s he spent at Walden Pond. He went there to get away from society and to basically experiment with his humanity. He spent most of the longs days alone with his thoughts, writing them down in his journal and eventually publishing it in book form.

It wasn't really planned, but I ended up disconnecting from technology and as much outside world as I could while reading Walden. I rarely had my phone on. The only time I was on my computer was spent emailing my aunt who lectures on Thoreau at the university in Helsinki, Finland. It was a nice experience to just get away for a while. To forget everything in the world that I didn't want to think about.

It gave me a new outlook for my future and also a new novel idea (which is exciting and also a burden since I have two half written ones already). Btw, Vanessa! We need to discuss this because I think you'll like it :DDDD

Anyway, I thought I'd let you guys know I'm back on the planet and will be posting an obscene amount of book and movie reviews from vacation. So get excited!

As always, stay great :)
Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment