Friday, February 21, 2014

Fashion Friday: Shades of Spring Break



Hello dear blog-goers! It's me! Sara. I'm alive! Yeah. It's been forevs since I've been on here and I'm so sorry about that :(
But now I'm back with a vengeance and style! This weeks Fashion Friday? GLASSES!!!

I'm super excited to do this post as I absolutely love glasses. They can totally transform your persona. My new favorite look? Earth tones. We're stepping back a few decades, back into thicker and rounder frames. On my fashion radar right now is Warby Parker's Limited Edition Palm Canyon Collection. They're gorgeous. I want them.

There are three basic styles: Winston, Preston, and Duckworth (my personal choice). Each can be made with your prescription lenses or with polarized lenses. Or with both! It's a glasses wearer's paradise in there. 


These frames are coming just in time for spring break. And who doesn't want to look their best when heading off to the beach (or in my case Wisconsin...)?

"But I don't want to look like everyone else at the beach," you say? Well you won't. These glasses are one of a kind, with no two pair looking alike:
"An artful pair of frames elevates any look instantly. Duckworth’s slender, rounded shape and signature plaques make it the perfect finishing touch. This one-of-a-kind pair features hand-mixed insets of tortoise acetate at each end piece."
I couldn't have said it better myself. These glasses are classy. I've been looking for a new pair for over a year now. I want to replace my boring metal frames because I feel like Harry Potter when I wear them. I do believe I might be in love!

If you really want to go all out retro there is another style featured in the Palm Canyon Collection: Wheeler.


These are adorable and, might I mention, selling out fast. So if I were you I'd get on over to Warby Parker and check them out. Then get some classy glasses on your face so people check you out. 

Look at these people. Tell me, you don't want to look that good?



But I'm not done yet. Not only are Warby Parker making some gorgeous glasses, but they're doing something really exciting. They have a home try-on program. Five pairs. Five days. 100% free. This means that you get to try before you buy, which is something extremely important when buying glasses. While they can change your persona, they can also totally not work on your face. 
With this program you can wear these frames around for a few days. See what people think. Ask your mom, your grandma, your boyfriend, the guy at the coffee shop, your cat. Whoever. Wear a different pair every day! See which one gets the most (positive) attention. It's perfect. 

So with that in mind, Vanessa and I have decided to try a home program. We'll be wearing them around, getting opinions and modeling for you guys from the Spring Collection

I'm in love with Burke :)

So look forward to the next few weeks and we'll be keeping you guys updated on our glasses wearing progress :)

<3 Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment