Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Top Ten Albums On My iPod Right Now


I'm listening to music constantly throughout the day. I've even been known to run a headphone cord up my sleeve so I can listen during class. Three years ago (when they were cool) I bought one of those hoodies with the headphones in the hood strings. I have a problem. Needless to say, I like music.

So here are the ten albums that I'm listening to right now:

Title: Our Version of Events
Artist: Emeli Sandé
Year: 2012
Favorite Tracks: Heaven, Wonder, & Next To Me

I love this album. It's so upbeat and heartfelt. Miss Sandé's voice has so much depth and feeling to it (sort of like Adele). 

Related Artists: Labrinth, Conor Maynard, Rudimental, Rita Ora, Rizzle Kicks, Paloma Faith, Birdy, & Olly Murs






Title: Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful
Artist: Paloma Faith
Year: 2009
Favorite Tracks: Stone Cold Sober, Broken Doll, Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful, Upside Down

This is her first studio album. She has another one out, but I prefer this one. I especially like Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful because it reminds me of Life of Pi

Related Artists: Lissie, Cheryl Cole, Kate Nash, Emeli Sandé, Marina and the Diamonds, Duffy, Olly Murs, & Sia



Title: What Are You So Scared Of? (Acoustic)
Artist: Tonight Alive
Year: 2013
Favorite Tracks: Sure As Hell & To Die For

Who doesn't like acoustic? Gorgeous tracks if you want relaxing alternative music. Also, check out their cover of Little Lion Man. It's amazing. 

Related Artists: The Downtown Fiction, Go Radio, Mayday Parade, Of Mice And Men, The Summer Set, & Attack Attack!







Title: Native
Artist: OneRepublic
Year: 2013
Favorite Tracks: Counting Stars, Feel Again, I Lived, Light It Up, Burning Bridges...okay so the whole dang album. 

I'm really happy with this album. I was a huge fan of OneRepublic a few years ago, but their last album left me wanting a lot more. This is the OneRepublic I remember. Touching songs with amazing backtracks. Just the right amount of real instruments with synth. 

Related Artists: The Goo Goo Dolls, Gavin DeGraw, Five For Fighting, Lifehouse, & Snow Patrol


Title: Stay Who You Are
Artist: Nick Howard
Year: 2013
Favorite Tracks: If I Told You, & Unbreakable - Live & Acoustic in London / 2013

This guy is just fantastic. All his songs are beautiful and relaxing. He also did a fantastic duet with Emeli Sandé. I can't find a youtube link for it, but if you have Spotify it's part of his My Voice Story album. 

Related Artists: White Apple Tree, Stanfour, & Livingston





Title: Catching A Tiger
Artist: Lissie
Year: 2009
Favorite Tracks: When I'm Alone, In Sleep, & Look Away

Really good indie-folk music. She and Nick Howard relax me. 

Related Artists: KT Tunstall, Sia, Lenka, A Fine Frenzy, Ellie Goulding, & Maria Mena








Title: Sweeter Live
Artist: Gavin DeGraw
Year: 2012
Favorite Tracks: Sweeter, I Don't Want To Be, & Not Over You

Gavin DeGraw is one of the best live performers I've ever heard. I like his live albums better because they're more raw than the studio productions. 

Related Artists: Matt Nathanson, Five For Fighting, OneRepublic, Sara Bareilles, Natasha Bedingfield





Title: Rumours
Artist: Fleetwood Mac
Year: 2013
Favorite Tracks: Go Your Own Way - Early Take, Keep Me There - Instrumental, The Chain - Instrumental, Gold Dust Woman - Early Take

Don't let the album year fool you. These guys are classic (like '60's and '70's). This is their new release. It's four discs of in-studio demos and bonus songs. It's a must-have for any serious Fleetwood Mac fan (like myself). I'm getting it for Dad for his birthday. 

Related Artists: Heart, Billy Joel, Stevie Nicks, & Prince


Title: Live 2012
Artist: Coldplay
Year: 2012
Favorite Tracks: Hurts Like Heaven, Yellow, Viva La Vida, Charlie Brown, Paradise, & Clocks

Along with Mr. DeGraw, I think Coldplay rocks live. I will go to a concert. It's on the top of my bucket list. If you have Spotify I'd encourage you to go listen to this all the way through. They tie the songs together so it's just one long track. It gives me goosebumps every time.

Related Artists: MGMT, Death Cab For Cutie, Imogen Heap, Phoenix, The Strokes, 



Title: #3 (it's imaginative, i know)
Artist: The Script
Year: 2012
Favorite Tracks: Six Degrees Of Separation, If You Could See Me Now, Glowing, Broken Arrow, No Words, & Moonboots

I'm in love with The Script. I don't think you can help it. If you have the Deluxe Version (it's on Spotify) then there are also some live tracks from when they were at the Aviva in Dublin. Those are just as fantastic. 

Related Artists: Gavin DeGraw, The Calling, OneRepublic, Olly Murs

2 comments: