Tuesday, January 15, 2013

ah the wonders of the internet.




So about a month ago I watched this movie. It's called Hugo (it won a bunch of Oscars last year). Well I finally got around to watching it. Let me tell you, it's amazing. I main storyline is more geared for smaller children, but if you are as into film as I am (which is a lot obviously) then the secondary plot will make you cry an ocean of feels.

So what brought on this random post, you ask? Well I was on Gizmodo (because i don't pay attention in class, i read tech blogs because i'm that cool) and this article came up which also makes for a killer physics read (again, i'm being cool). I instantly recognized the cover photo as being from Hugo so I clicked on it. Once you get through all the totally cool physics stuff there are a few links at the bottom with their image sources. I clicked the one that went with the image, and it took me to this page. Now, I was not aware when I watched Hugo that George Melies was a real person who actually did film a movie called A Trip to the Moon, so this was huge. The secondary plot of Hugo revolves around this old film. I don't wanna give too much away, but I will say that the entire time I kept wishing that this was real. That this man had existed and had given so much hope to the world. AND HE DID! I literally screamed when I found this. PLUS at the bottom of the page is a link to the actual film A Trip to the Moon.

I did find a better quality one, that had been hand colored and is really good. But I like the music on the first link better.



Anyway, if you haven't watched Hugo, seriously, you have no reason not to. It's on Netflix streaming so it's super-easy. It's beautiful, especially if you have a passion for old film.

Oh, and I'll be writing more about Mr. Melies in future posts!!!

<3 super excited sara :DDD



[ImageGizmodo, A Life in Equinox, Commodium via: Youtube]

2 comments:

  1. oh man, I have it on Netflix at home, I just have yet to watch it...gah! Need to now! and How to Shoot the Moon. Seriously. You're the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I have a strange spacey-physics gene that sometimes comes out :P

    ReplyDelete